National tuberculosis strategic plan (2015 - 2019)
This TB National Strategic Plan (TB NSP) 2015-2019 is a successor plan for the 2010-2014, TB NSP. The goal of the 2015-2019 TB National Strategic Plan (TB NSP) is to achieve a 35% reduction of TB prevalence rate by 2019 to 907/100,000 of 2013. The NSP is based on five objectives for the next fives years as follows:
1. To increase TB case detection rates from 46% in 2013 to 70% in 2017 and 80% by 2019
2. To increase TB treatment success rates for all bacteriologically confirmes cases from 72.9% in 2013 to 90% by 2019
3. To implement and expand country-wide collaborative TB/HIV activities and management of co-morbidities by 2019
4. To provide treatment and support to all drug-resistant TB cases and reduce the MDR-TB prevalence rate amongst new TB cases to les than 5% by 2019
5. To strengthen the capacity of the National Tuberculosis Control Program to effectively implement, coordinate and evaluate TB prevention, treatment and care interventions.