About the Info Centre
The Info Centre, located in Manzini, is open to the public from Mondays to Fridays between 9:00 and 16:00.
Supported by the National Emergency Response Council on HIV and AIDS (NERCHA), the Info Centre's objective is to be a one-stop-shop for current and relevant HIV and AIDS information to targeted audiences in Swaziland, using multimedia information materials.
A Nation empowered with HIV and AIDS Information
To influence social behaviour change through timeous provision of accurate HIV/AIDS information to ensure an AIDS-free Swaziland
Professionalism and Excellence - Promote ethical practice and support
Innovation - Encourage and facilitate the introduction of new ideas, approaches, opportunities and practices
Inclusiveness and Collaboration - Demonstrate positive, responsible, ethical and mutually respectful consultation and working relationships with partner organizations, researchers, stakeholder communities and meaningful involvement of people living with HIV and AIDS
Transparency and Accountability - Ensure that decision making processes are fair, open and grounded on sound ethical principles; that conflict of interests are discussed and managed appropriately; and that straightforward accountability mechanisms and performance indicators are implemented for all activities.
The Info Centre collection is made up of diverse material on HIV and AIDS. You can search the collection using this website. Where possible, the full text of materials is available. Where it is not, you may access hard copies in person at the Info Centre. The collection of Info Centre resources includes:
- Journals and journal articles
- Conference papers
- Video cassettes
- Research papers
- Grey literature
- Literature searches from the Resource Centre bibliographic dataset: These will link you to materials housed in the Information and Training Centre.
- Internet searches for HIV and AIDS information: The World Wide Web has a wealth of up-to-date resources on HIV and AIDS. Our aim is to assist our users to access this information.
- Document delivery by post and electronically: This service is targeted at those who do not have access to the internet and cannot physically visit the Centre.
- Video viewing facilities: Audiovisuals have more impact in disseminating information. We enable users to have access to these facilities.
- Referral to other organisations: Linking you up with other organisations in the field of HIV and AIDS.
- Clearing house and quality control: Clearing house and quality control services to all those producing information on HIV and AIDS in Swaziland.
- Training and conference facility: The conference facility hosts up to 50 people at a time and has two breakaway rooms. The facility has a TV, video and DVD player and an LCD projector.